hello i going to start a new forum , and i don't know how to get more traffic!!!!!!!!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 22 Replies

hello i going to start a new forum , and i don't know how to get more traffic!!!!!!!!!!!

You haven't started your forum yet, so there's no way you can get any kind of traffic now if the forum doesn't exist. Or do you have a Web page and you want traffic to your site first?

Participating in related forums are a great way to boost your initial traffic and word spread.

Participating in related forums are a great way to boost your initial traffic and word spread.

Great advice! :)

Post in related forums with good content, linking to your own site in your forum signature. Remember not to spam the other forums :) That will just make you look bad. However, posting good info will get you a good name and make you well respected in your industry.

I agree with all above about participating in related forums.

It is also a good idea to use social bookmarking eg. digg, stumbleupon

as said above participate in related forums.post some good contents,post some polls that might get guest interested to vote and so so.

Including a link to your forum in your post would be helpful, we can review your site and give some helpful advice. Related to that, adding a link to your signature will help get traffic to your site.

The best way would be to find some forums that are related to whatever it is your site is about. Asking them to review your site generally gets the word out.

...and create a links section and trade links with all of the other forums ;)

you can join related forums to yours and ask the members to join your forum too, dont spam asking them, just be useful in that forum and use your forum link in your signature :)

Yes you should get your self out there as much as you can. I dont know how many forums I am registered on but its A LOT.

Participating in related forums is gudd..
And also mind your forum made with attractive,user friendly,easy download,good to see,provide them with attractive features...
And main thing is:::Put off your registered member with continue posting is better than the getting new member.Because he may cause to provide yuor forum with new member with his own experiece...

ALL THE BEST..

One of the things i do for my social site is to post polls on relevant issues of the day and then advertise the polls with a link back to my poll. It works really well right now in the election season.

You must also build links on it as what you did in your normal site.

As what SEO's always says link build, link bait and perseverance, you will need those three.

you need to advertise your website on google or add your website to search engine but make it SEO friendly first.

That is some good info guys, thanks! I'm also new here and Im looking to gain more info about this.

I am also looking information about traffic through this forum help me to how to avoid traffic. Its will improve my own knowledge.

williamrichard

<snip fake signature>

It is also helpful to post good content in your forum where the search engine crawlers can find it and index it for organic search engine traffic.

you need to provide informational services which can benefit users then only your forum gets more traffic

try targeting sites with related contents and advertise ur site's link there and also use delicious bookmarks plus google readers it will help alot

The latest trend seems to be creating a niche site. In other words don't reach for a broad audience. If you get traffic from hobbyists or a local area, people will instantly have a sense of community and will begin to look for things that are happening related to this niche. I'm starting to read that having an online directory on your site with a certain theme in mind, can help bring advertisers who are trying to reach that niche market. You then can get $$ from the advertisers by just having them list on your site.

The latest trend seems to be creating a niche site. In other words don't reach for a broad audience. If you get traffic from hobbyists or a local area, people will instantly have a sense of community and will begin to look for things that are happening related to this niche. I'm starting to read that having an online directory on your site with a certain theme in mind, can help bring advertisers who are trying to reach that niche market. You then can get $$ from the advertisers by just having them list on your site.

Yes, I came to this realization just a few days ago....I just started a dating site, but with so many out there it will be hard to distinguish myself. But I'm fortunate in the respect that although I live in a small town of 30,000, I have 4 decent sized cities all within a 45 minute radius. So I figured out exactly what you just said in the first few sentences...I think the community will hopefully be excited about having a dating service focusing exclusively (for now, anyway) on the surrounding area.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.