Anyone got PR strategies that they would like to divulge? Come on you know you want to! Tell us your secrets! I will tell you mine!

Yeah maybe you would get more hit's from google if you rename the questions that people come up with like helllllpppppppp plz.,can anyone help,>>>>>>>Need help<<<<<<, What is this,(ect)..................Maybe if there more specific they would show up in google more often the common question help. Nobody types in google help for a svhhost error. I think if you would try and rename the question topic at hand you would get more hits from google or maybe I dont know what the hell Im talking about here thats my 2 cents.............chaaaaaaaaaaching!!!

Well, yeah... that is a great point, but it's quite hard with a message board / forum like this to go over each and every post, and change the titles to be more meaningful... Ususally, you will find in those "read before you post" sections points to selecting a good title for posts... I guess if every single user actually did read those, that might help a little :)

I'm a person that will rarely read a topic without a descriptive title... there's got to be a good reason for me to click on it!

On that mention of a slashdot link, I've been begging for years (or what seems like years) to get my site slashdot'ed, still to no avail. :(

But you are right that a link from slashdot is worth so much (I don't know if a million is completely accurate) more valueable that a link from a personal site or weblog that doesn't have a high PR.

Yeah maybe you would get more hit's from google if you rename the questions that people come up with like helllllpppppppp plz.,can anyone help,>>>>>>>Need help<<<<<<, What is this,(ect)..................Maybe if there more specific they would show up in google more often the common question help. Nobody types in google help for a svhhost error. I think if you would try and rename the question topic at hand you would get more hits from google or maybe I dont know what the hell Im talking about here thats my 2 cents.............chaaaaaaaaaaching!!!

Ha Ha Ha

Thats great

helllllpppppppp plz.,can anyone help,>>>>>>>Need help<<<<<<, What is this,(ect)..................

Changing titles to have better keywords or to be more descriptive is a good idea, but it may make users mad if you mess with their forum threads.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.