One of my clients is going to an client-targeted event and they are planning on tweeting from the event for their clients who cannot attend the event. They already have a large number of people who have signed up to follow them. They are wondering what the drop off rate will be after the event in terms of followers as they plan on tweeting beyond the event regarding press releases, event announcements and blog updates. Does anyone have any insight into a situation like this?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Even though I dont have access to the drop off rate, I strongly suggest you to contact Jeff Pulver. He has created many live events with associated twitter accounts and a very active twitter activity right before, during, and after the events.

I will do that. It is an interesting concept to try to maintain your audience for your live event tweeting but I imagine you loose a fair share of them when trying to convert them to regular twitter followers as some may just be interested in info about an event.

I do believe that many event twitter accounts are just for that particular event and don't expect to add Followers afterwards. In some cases, the twitter account is not event related but the event is tracked via hashtags and monitored via twitter search or some other twitter alert tool.

I do believe that many event twitter accounts are just for that particular event and don't expect to add Followers afterwards. In some cases, the twitter account is not event related but the event is tracked via hashtags and monitored via twitter search or some other twitter alert tool.

Understood. My client is going to be using their main twitter account and hoping to convert some followers who are not regular followers into constant followers. Additionally, they are hoping that people who are currently customers keep following after the event and their interest level is such that a sales could come out of it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.