Hi
I just read a blog report about how News Corps lost millions with Myspace. Myspace have changed its branding in the past year or so and have the same colors as LinkedIn and Facebook yet it has not really helped regain its market space. So do you use Myspace and if not, would you use it for your marketing/advertising campagin?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hi
I just read a blog report about how News Corps lost millions with Myspace. Myspace have changed its branding in the past year or so and have the same colors as LinkedIn and Facebook yet it has not really helped regain its market space. So do you use Myspace and if not, would you use it for your marketing/advertising campagin?

I think the big problem that MySpace has is the bad publicity and the perception that it is more of cesspool than a community. If News Corp expects to make MySpace profitable again they need to clean it up and make it more like Facebook in terms of content control.

Myspace feels like a club with the sleaze factor included.

Myspace feels like a club with the sleaze factor included.

I think that it is beyond a simple sleaze factor. MySpace has really become the part of town that you don't go to and if you have to pass through you speed.

Thanks for the chuckle. Its true. I had a Myspace profile 4 years ago and my picture was not provocative at all - it was an acting headshot picture and my mailbox was inundated with "offers to make me famous" and sleazy agents. I removed the profile for piece of mind.

In many countries people are using all these good social network sites for some things which are not in favor of community I think and because of this these sites including myspace are getting bad and negative responses. So I think those things should be stopped first.

In many countries people are using all these good social network sites for some things which are not in favor of community I think and because of this these sites including myspace are getting bad and negative responses. So I think those things should be stopped first.

The problem with myspace is that I think they like being the edgier alternative to facebook, so they will not police themselves to eliminate the sleaze.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.