Many sites have used Google Analytics to measure online engagement. Yahoo Analytics is also another free tool that also have received good buzz. Like Google, Yahoo now has its network of Yahoo Analytics Consultants. Thus, knowing this, would you be more inclined to use Yahoo Analytics on your site.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Interesting question, especially now that Yahoo has teamed up with Microsoft.

But since Google is still #1 for now and might remain so for sometime to come, there's no need for me bothering to use Yahoo! Analytics. Moreover, I Yahoo! Analytics is mainly meant for large ecommerce websites and not free for every website.

Interesting question, especially now that Yahoo has teamed up with Microsoft.

But since Google is still #1 for now and might remain so for sometime to come, there's no need for me bothering to use Yahoo! Analytics. Moreover, I Yahoo! Analytics is mainly meant for large ecommerce websites and not free for every website.

I agree with your point about the Yahoo/MS partnership. I will probably check out the yahoo tools this week.

I recommend following the blog of the founder of IndexTools - Dennis M. to learn more about Yahoo Analytics
http://visualrevenue.com/blog/

Will do. Does he give a consolidated tutorial on it or do you have to go through each post to get the info?

I don't understand about google analytics as I think it is very confusing... I suggest that you try nuffnang analytics as it is like google adsense but with more statistics that we can use to improve our website performance...

I don't understand about google analytics as I think it is very confusing... I suggest that you try nuffnang analytics as it is like google adsense but with more statistics that we can use to improve our website performance...

I literally had to read their notes and instructions line by line and translate each into a way that I could understand it and it cleared up some of the confusion. But, when it comes to tools for measuring the results of any activity I am a big advocate for using a couple of tools that will provide me with lots of data to compare against each other.

I like almost every google stuff. I use adsense, adwords, gmail, blogspot, and the most important is the search engine. Also google webmaster central...
Buta when it comes to google pages and google analytics... I don't like to use it. I still waiting for the latest google operating system...

I hope it can be my fixed os... Overall, google is very good...

I still think that for free site analytics, Google is king. I just hope more SE's or companies jump into this area and offer free or low-cost analytic tools that will bring Google's influence down a notch.

There is a yahoo analytics book coming out that consolidates information from the blog and more.

There is a yahoo analytics book coming out that consolidates information from the blog and more.

Do you know of the target date for the book? And do you know if Google has a similar book about their analytics tools?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.