I just posted about this on the SEO forum but I wanted to get opinions/thoughts from people here also. A company called Galaxy Weblinks has announced that they have received Apples approval for an app they created for iPhone that lets people check the search engine ranking of websites.

Does anyone see a value to this? As I do not own an iPhone I was also wondering if anyone else heard about this and is using the app?

The other thought that comes to mind is are there potential apps to be created that can aid online community builders/hosts? The whole iPhone app thing is really exploding but some of them are really idiotic.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I do think this app will be useful for consultants and marketing professionals. I have manually included such information on my reports yet I wonder if management wants to see this information at times.

I do think this app will be useful for consultants and marketing professionals. I have manually included such information on my reports yet I wonder if management wants to see this information at times.

I am still at a loss as to the usefulness of this app unless you are talking about people who are always on the road and who have clients that require updates on rankings more often than every 12-24 hours.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.