On Mashable they are reporting (link below) that Facebook and Nielsen, the market research and tv ratings people, are announcing a jointly produced, business-oriented social media community called Brand Lift. There are few details but it sounds like Facebook is responding to a need while trying to increase their reach. The question I have is will there be an element to this that will be similar to the Linkedin model?

As more details come out I would be interested to know who would use it/recommend it?

http://mashable.com/2009/09/21/facebook-nielsen-brand-lift/

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by MktgRob

It is interesting that Nielsen announce this partnership as their competitor, Comscore, just announced a partnership with Omniture to ensure more metric centric actionable insights for businesses. Thus, this reminds me when Myspace made changes to suit to businesses and where is it now? J

It is interesting that Nielsen announce this partnership as their competitor, Comscore, just announced a partnership with Omniture to ensure more metric centric actionable insights for businesses. Thus, this reminds me when Myspace made changes to suit to businesses and where is it now? J

But as everyone saw what MySpace did and the mistakes they made they hopefully will learn from them and not fall into the same trap.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.