On Mashable they are reporting (link below) that Facebook and Nielsen, the market research and tv ratings people, are announcing a jointly produced, business-oriented social media community called Brand Lift. There are few details but it sounds like Facebook is responding to a need while trying to increase their reach. The question I have is will there be an element to this that will be similar to the Linkedin model?

As more details come out I would be interested to know who would use it/recommend it?

http://mashable.com/2009/09/21/facebook-nielsen-brand-lift/

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

It is interesting that Nielsen announce this partnership as their competitor, Comscore, just announced a partnership with Omniture to ensure more metric centric actionable insights for businesses. Thus, this reminds me when Myspace made changes to suit to businesses and where is it now? J

It is interesting that Nielsen announce this partnership as their competitor, Comscore, just announced a partnership with Omniture to ensure more metric centric actionable insights for businesses. Thus, this reminds me when Myspace made changes to suit to businesses and where is it now? J

But as everyone saw what MySpace did and the mistakes they made they hopefully will learn from them and not fall into the same trap.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.