Hi everyone, I am new to the site, and already have a problem. I bought a new computer 3 weeks ago, and have encountered so many problems that I thought it wise to join a decent computer forum.

Can anyone please help with this problem. I have sold and bought many items on ebay in the last 18 months. However, ebay is not allowing me to sell anything at present. I click sell, and get the page asking how I want to sell, auction or fixed price. When I click on auction, the page closes and immediately shuts down my internet connection. I have contacted ebay who suggested removing some cookie files, but no joy. I downloaded some spyware software, but still no joy. I am flumoxed!!. I have no problems buying on ebay at present, or using any other features of the site. I even downloaded netscape and tried using that is my net browser rather than int. explorer, but exactly the same thing happens!
Please help if you can, thanks for reading, woodie. :D

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by selfhelpebooks

Hi everyone, I am new to the site, and already have a problem. I bought a new computer 3 weeks ago, and have encountered so many problems that I thought it wise to join a decent computer forum.

Can anyone please help with this problem. I have sold and bought many items on ebay in the last 18 months. However, ebay is not allowing me to sell anything at present. I click sell, and get the page asking how I want to sell, auction or fixed price. When I click on auction, the page closes and immediately shuts down my internet connection. I have contacted ebay who suggested removing some cookie files, but no joy. I downloaded some spyware software, but still no joy. I am flumoxed!!. I have no problems buying on ebay at present, or using any other features of the site. I even downloaded netscape and tried using that is my net browser rather than int. explorer, but exactly the same thing happens!
Please help if you can, thanks for reading, woodie. :D

That's really bizarre. My only guess is that maybe you have some sort of anti-ebay virus? Do other forums in the net do similar things?

If its ONLY eBay, and is totally killing your connection, there's clearly something suspicious.

Did you ever get this sorted? I have just bought a computer, and although I can access ebay fine at work, I can't get on from home. eBay tell me it is because of my anti pop-ups, anti spam, firewalls, security, but not which or what specifically, and their answer of deleting cookies etc didn't work.
SO how did you get on?

Can anyone please help with this problem....... :D

Hello. Have the same problem. Please, email me on : marksteelman@brutalplay.com if u know what to do.
Thank you.

Hey, could you guys that use ebay take a look at this thread?

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread27870.html

I hate to do this in someone elses thread, but I can't get any replies. I just want to know a few things about signing up.

Tsk tsk shame on you.

Guys with the eBay not letting you sell problem ... why don't you try posting a HijackThis thread in our Windows forum. I'm sure someone there will be able to help you out.

That's really bizarre. My only guess is that maybe you have some sort of anti-ebay virus? Do other forums in the net do similar things?

If its ONLY eBay, and is totally killing your connection, there's clearly something suspicious.

I too am unable to sell on ebay now. Been like this for 5 weeks and it all seemed to start when they changed the selling format. At the start of the sell menu I am asked to select a category. The category appears as a ghost image and is not accessable. Result being I haven't been able to sell for 5 weeks. Do I need a system engineer ? Ebay are useless. Have you resolved the problems originally posted on this thread ?

Graham

That reminds me of what happened to my IE. I usually only use firefox, but from time to time use IE.

I got infected with spyware a few days ago, and now whenever I open IE, the only page it lets me go to is the page to buy system doctor. System doctor is known spyware!

Needless to say I don't use IE anymore.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.