Hi there,

I am thinking of starting my own message board, but I don't want to have to pay money just yet until I see how it goes.

I want to be able to have all the features this board has & make it easy to prevent people from spamming, flamming etc.

Any suggestions? :)

Thanks & have a good night !

Michelle

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

I would start with www.phpbb.com. But if you plan on doing anything serious with the forum, I definitely recommend investing the one-time $160 into vBulletin. Also check out the "Premade Scripts" forum. :)

Ewww, did you read what happened to phpbb?

I'll have to remember to check it out next week.

Thanks Dani

Michelle

I would start with www.phpbb.com. But if you plan on doing anything serious with the forum, I definitely recommend investing the one-time $160 into vBulletin. Also check out the "Premade Scripts" forum. :)

No, what happened to phpbb?

They were hacked. You can read their website.

Take care

Michelle

No, what happened to phpbb?

Try YaBB ???
I used it once, very good.

Use VB or IPB , both worked great for me

for free ones, then use phpbb

Invision Board is also a nice one ...

Invision is no longer free though. I like vBulletin, and they just released version 3.5 :) Don't like YaBB (now SimpleMachines?, I believe) at all.

Well i quite like phpbb as a free option. But you can also use invision board (free Version) as an other.

But i would recommend PHPBB since it has some nice FREE Mods & hacks also FREE Skins around.

Good luck

Someone just installed http://www.punbb.org/ on my server. Any news about this one, as I think I'm going to need one for my affiliate program.

Thanks

Michelle

SMF(simple machines) would be the best one! They've got 1 click upgrade and addons!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.