I have customers to my ecommerce website and i wanted to know what would would be an affordable promotion plan which would be viral in nature.. e.g handymen leave fridge magnets with their clients with their name and number... what can i send my customers that they might even distribute it to their friends or stick it on their cars or somewhere where others can see.. (bumper stickers comes to my mind but i unless they are real catchy i wont even put them on my car)

any suggestions of something which might work?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

what is it that you are selling? who are your prospects? what is your unique selling proposition?

I have customers to my ecommerce website and i wanted to know what would would be an affordable promotion plan which would be viral in nature.. e.g handymen leave fridge magnets with their clients with their name and number... what can i send my customers that they might even distribute it to their friends or stick it on their cars or somewhere where others can see.. (bumper stickers comes to my mind but i unless they are real catchy i wont even put them on my car)

any suggestions of something which might work?

We are selling hosting and USP is personal customer service

I recommmend that if you are doing offline promotion - tie it with a holiday - like giving away little usable cups for people to celebrate Oscars with your company's logo and info, etc.

since my customers are not local, this would not be possible.. i am looking at something which can be sent in a mail (nothing heavy e.g stickers) which they can even give it to their friends etc.

Print your URL and email address on all letterheads, business cards & compliment slips. This way everyone that you ever come into contact with has your web address.

T-shirts are always a nice touch. they could be a little pricey but if they are neutral in color and have a witty or provocative slogan - they can be very effective viral marketing and branding solutions.

Watch out for fairs in your country and spread some flyers...this could help you to get more publicity..

Most importantly, for any offline or online promotion, start thinking where is your target audience, and then use whatever advertising to reach them.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.