What role does social media play in an SEO strategy?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

What role does social media play in an SEO strategy?

By spreading your link across as many mediums as possible, your site will be seen as more popular by search engine algorithms.

However, some social media sites are smart about the links they post on their websites included nofollow tags and also using redirects to pages to ask users if they really want to view a link. This doesn't "hurt", but it doesn't help as the search engine won't click through if told not to.

Social media is more for marketing than SEO.

Or you can provide a valuable resource or awesome article.. spread the word through social media networks and other will link to the resource and/or article and BAM you got yourself some natural links. Why do you think you see all those "Top 10" articles on Digg? I believe the term is link bait. :)

Or you can provide a valuable resource or awesome article.. spread the word through social media networks and other will link to the resource and/or article and BAM you got yourself some natural links. Why do you think you see all those "Top 10" articles on Digg? I believe the term is link bait. :)

If you look at OP's post history, it looks like s/he is just using daniweb to spread links.

If I new how to flag an account, I would.

commented: Absolutely correct :) +6

IMHO with social media, you try to create a community around your brand. Social media has a rather 'pull' effect in attracting persons who are truly interested in your brand rather than other forms of advertisements whereby you try to 'push' your brand in front of persons who may/may not be interested in your brand. Hope this helps.

What other guys have discussed here I totally agree with them. Social media optimization is now a must to do for all people who want to promote their products or service online. Proper social media optimization helps you to provide target traffic to your site. But it's also true that you need both SEO and SMO. A proper search engine friendly site can be usable for effective SMO.

not too much for now. but soon should play more. eg with this real time search from google

Social media actually helping a site to have traffic and also back links which gives the biggest role in SEO.

SNIP

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.