Does anyone know any good alternatives to 2Checkout? I recently dropped 2Checkout from my sites and I am currently looking for alternatives.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

What country are you in?

I live in the United States.

Being in the US you have a lot of options. We'll need to narrow down your specific needs more to find out what the best solution is for you.

How much do you process per month? What is your average ticket price?

I need a payment processor for a dating website. I earn about $300+ a month.
I do not want to sign up for a merchant acccount. I am a payment processor similar to 2Checkout.

Well, 2checkout is a merchant account. It's just a third party account. And for dating websites your options are very limited. You'll need to find a high risk processor and their rates are going to be much worse then 2checkout's.

Why did you drop them?

Have you looked into World Pay?

Thanks

Michelle

Does anyone know any good alternatives to 2Checkout? I recently dropped 2Checkout from my sites and I am currently looking for alternatives.

Thanks

Check with google checkout.

Google checkout currently can not be used for subscriptions.

Use Paypal Pro - you can have the payment page look as your site, and you can have subscription too. More importantly, the fee is much lower as compared to 2CO.

I wouldnt' touch PP if you paid me.

Thanks anyway

Michelle

Use Paypal Pro - you can have the payment page look as your site, and you can have subscription too. More importantly, the fee is much lower as compared to 2CO.

I wouldnt' touch PP if you paid me.

Wonder why you said so? I like to know the down side apart from the fact that paypal have quite a bad reputation of chargeback.

Chargebacks. Freezing accounts. Taking months to get accounts reinstated. Terrible customer service. But, then again, I'm a PayPal user because it's quick and easy.

What is PayPal Pro?

What is PayPal Pro?

It's an upgraded Paypal Service that works more like a true merchant account and gateway (but not quite as good). Customers can pay through your website like you were using a gateway. The costs are the same as an average merchant account.

Pay Pal also doesn't listen to a word you have to say about your case even if you have proof the customer committed fraud etc.

They even allowed a customer of mine to reverse the charge & then reverse the reversal & then months later reverse again claiming they never authorized the transaction when clearly all the while the customer knew exactly what they were doing.

This was on a so called "authorized" account & I trusted PP to do their job & screen people who had such an acct.

Even with a clean account & near perfect record, they treated me like I was a criminal & just took the customer's word no questions asked.

I will never use them again.

I'm now using

http://www.alertpay.com/?BDU2NzID

Not 100% up to snuff on all the things PP offers, but getting there.

It's not that easy to set up a PP type service.

They also allow for adult or high risk accounts which which won't allow customers to commit fraud & do chargebacks even after receiving the product/service you are selling.

You pay more, but they protect you.

Michelle

I'm using Nochex whenever possible. But this is not available to users outside the UK. It's a much better service than PP, no chargeback, and lower fees.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.