I am, admittedly, a novice at this. Currently have a website using Bravenet (It's a GoDaddy domain). Wanting to change the website, I have used Bravesites to create a new website. I am confused as to how to upload the new website to take the place of the old one. The existing site is: www.jgassociates.net, which I have literally decimated. I want to upload http://jgassociates1.bravesites.com/ to take the place of the existing site and use the www.jgassociates.net address. Can you please, in a step by step manner, advise me as to how to do this? THANK YOU!!!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

What does this bravesites use? Php and MySQL? First thing you need to do is export the site from bravesites, then you know what you have and what needs to be done to upload to godaddy.

I believe it is a simple HTML page (with auto extending file type by the server). You could check it here. It is Litespeed server, so you may need to update the server rewriting URL to force redirecting to your subdomain name...

The first step would be the bravesites helpscreens
the second would be godaddy helpscreens
They are usually pretty good

there is a tutorial when u start the bravesite which will show u how to use it

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.