I don't know what the exact brand name is, but I think it's Creative...
ANYWAYS... My friend recently bought a new laptop and she got speakers for it, and the speakers do not work. It says that there's "no audio output device" and won't emit any sound except a loud beeping sound (but I think that's something else...)
Unfortunately the OS is Windows Vista, which I don't know a whole lot about... and my hands are tied for changing it because I only have one geniune version of XP.
So, does anyone know how I can get the speakers to work/ do I need a driver for those?
~Thanks~

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Do the speakers plug in via a stereo headphone port? If she is showing no audio device, she may need to download a device driver for her sound device. Have her try to roll back her device driver, or reinstalling them. Maybe she can be lucky enough that this will do the trick. Other than that, try some control testing. Do headphones work in the jack? If so, it might be the speakers themselves. If headphones do work, try plugging the speakers in a different laptop to see if they work. Good luck..!

Do the speakers plug in via a stereo headphone port? If she is showing no audio device, she may need to download a device driver for her sound device. Have her try to roll back her device driver, or reinstalling them. Maybe she can be lucky enough that this will do the trick. Other than that, try some control testing. Do headphones work in the jack? If so, it might be the speakers themselves. If headphones do work, try plugging the speakers in a different laptop to see if they work. Good luck..!

Thanks for your help... the drivers for the sound card needed to be properly installed and configured... It's a stupid mistake I should've known to look for.

Hey no prob! Thats why we are here on DaniWeb anyways right!! Questions and answers. If you would consider this problem fixed, labeleing this thread as solved would be great. I have yet to get my first one, and it seems as though the more solved threads a person have, the better responses from others you get. Anyway, do as you wish, and have a great day!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.