I'm one of those people who has both an iPad and an iPhone (in fact until very recently I had two iPhones) so I was interested to see the results of a survey that PriceGrabber published this week and which suggest that the majority of US consumers would consider buying an ipad Mini this year were one made available. To be honest, I'm not convinced. The notion of a 7" iPad seems a little desperate to me, something conjured up merely to compete with the Galaxy Tabs of this world. About the only benefit i coudl see for such a device is that it would enable people who cannot afford a full-size iPad to get into the iPad owning world - assuming it was a lot cheaper of course. But then it would be pitching itself against a myriad of large format smartphones and small tablets all powered by Android. So, the question remains, would you buy an iPad Mini? If the answer is yes, then why? If no, why not?

I'm looking forward to reading your responses, but in the meantime bere are those survey results to contemplate:

Would you buy a 7" iPad Mini for $249-$300 if it’s released this year:

Yes - 52%
No - 48%

Of the 52% who said yes, the reasons (each could select as many as were relevant) given were:

Lower price than an iPad - 64%
Smaller size - 54%
Good gift - 24%
Work purchase - 20%
Becuase it is a new Apple gadget - 20%

And the iPad Mini features that consumers would consider most important:

Price - 84%
3G connectivity - 65%
Smaller size - 60%
Ultra thin body - 60%
Retina display - 43%
Siri - 37%
New design - 31%
iOS 6 - 30%

Recommended Answers

All 19 Replies

Would I buy an iPad Mini? No, to be honest. I like the size of the current iPads, and it's one of the reasons I own the thing. Any smaller and I would not be as productive with it, simple as that. I use the iPhone and ipad for entirely different things, with laregely different applications installed on each. Sure, there is some crossover such as with email, social networks and calendering, but on the whole it is very different horse for very different courses. A 7" iPad would, in my opinion, be the worse of both worlds.

If it is asked to me that I would buy an iPad mini, my ans is I will not, as i have my iPad 2 and it does all what it is supposed to do. But I am damn sure that people will love to have it due to lesser price, latest iOS amd other latest features. People who are willing to have smaller tablets will pefer 7' apple iPad mini compared to other devices.

I think I'm good with the Kindle Fire

Hmm difficult choice to make but I'll go for Ipad mini..

The iPod Mini is a Digital Audio player designed and marketed by Apple. It was the middle Range model in Apple's iPod Production and it was released in 2004. But now a days Apple releasing the newwst model with stylist look and also good features compare to iPod mini. So, at this time iPod mini is not too good. But i must tell one thing iPod mini is the !st step of iPod Production.

The iPod Mini is a Digital Audio player designed and marketed by Apple. It was the middle Range model in Apple's iPod Production and it was released in 2004. But now a days Apple releasing the newwst model with stylist look and also good features compare to iPod mini. So, at this time iPod mini is not too good. But i must tell one thing iPod mini is the !st step of iPod Production.

iPad not iPod...

now a days

and nowadays is all one word ,lol

ipad anything

i have a old ipod nano 4gig works for all i need , as for a cell phone i own a dumb one not a smart one ,works great for what i need a cell phone for .and i like large screen computer/laptop so i would not be buying anytime soon a Ipad mini

hey is this new thig i did heare about this before

hey is this new thig i did heare about this before

no its old ,as old as posting just to spam links in you signature

Yes I baught IPAD Mini. It's amazing.

Member Avatar for LastMitch

I kind a like the iPad Mini. I don't think I will buy it because I used it before. I would recommend it because it's very thin and small and fits in a pouch or a bag or a pocket.

Yeah already i bought Ipad mini.Its easy to handle and perfect ipad.The iPad Mini is a Digital Audio player designed and marketed by Apple.and my husband also having ipad.

i would like to go for Android tab there are many limitations on apple IOS like no blue tooth, hard to copy data from pc to device

IPad Mini is really Good...But now it depends upon your choice which platform for want.Android also offering pretty good tablets in this range which are pretty cheaper from samsung

Yes. Used not to believe it, but ipad mini definately. So much more comfortable to hold for long periods, new screen is fantastic, and cheaper.

Looking at all the posabilitys, I want to be able to see everything at full size and not having to encrease the screen size. So the Mini is out for me.

My answer is no too. I think the size of ipad mini is too small. I'd rather buy an iphone istead.

I bought a Galaxy Note 3, nice large screen yet small enough to put in my pocket. And it doesn't say Apple on it :)

No, definately no i'll rather buy cheaper Android tablets. Market shares of Android is increasing like a magic 81% market share but iOS continues to stay on 12.9%. So, i'll prefer going with Android than buying iPad !

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.