I have a Sony Handycam model number DCR-HC26 for a project (it isn't mine) and I have not been able to connect it to the computer, even when the proper driver has been installed. (I am trying to connect it using a USB cord, not I.Link or a Digital Video link.
I have never had a problem like this before ever with other cameras, and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this or has the same problem.
If I don't resolve this problem I have wasted a lot of time and effort, and so I hope to be able to use the stuff I have already filmed.
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi Frag,
What actually happens when you connect the camera?
Do you get the USB connection noise?
Do any of the information bubbles appear down the bottom with an error?
In Device Manager, is the camera detected as a functioning device or is there a drive displayed in My Computer whatsoever?
If it is shown in Device Manager, have you tried uninstalling it from there as well as removing the software install from Add/Remove Programs then restarting with the camera disconnected, then installing the CD before connecting the camera?

Just a couple of ideas.
Hope it helps
Maddy

Hi Frag,
What actually happens when you connect the camera?
Do you get the USB connection noise?
Do any of the information bubbles appear down the bottom with an error?
In Device Manager, is the camera detected as a functioning device or is there a drive displayed in My Computer whatsoever?
If it is shown in Device Manager, have you tried uninstalling it from there as well as removing the software install from Add/Remove Programs then restarting with the camera disconnected, then installing the CD before connecting the camera?

Just a couple of ideas.
Hope it helps
Maddy

Hi,
Ummm... deleting and reinstalling stuff is slightly complicated because they are school computers so I have to more-less trust that the tech guys that come out actually know what they are doing... they said they installed the right driver for it but I don't think they did... but since I'm a student they won't listen to me....
What happens when I connect the camera? Well, since I did some trouble shooting with it, I can get it on to the computer now, but I can't get sound...
So, I have pretty much given up anyways - too bad I couldn't have fixed this before my class ended

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.