I got home from work today and rather than logging in, I restarted my computer so it would run faster.

-It now freezes while it's booting up (at random times).
-I can hear a flicker sounds when it freezes.
-I am able to get to BIOS and mess around in there without this freezing problem. Although I can still hear the flickering sound every 30 seconds or so, my computer does not freeze while in BIOS.

I will also add, every few times I can get to the choose safe mode or start windows normally screen. I have tried "safe mode" and "start windows normally" and when I press enter, I can hear the flicker sound and it automatically freezes.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

check out your memory stick, take it out clean the gold fingers and put it back..

I no longer use xp and I'm not sure which you're using but I know with vista, there's a repair option if you boot with the disk and you can repair anything that may be off, like something that gets corrupted.

I think with XP you could make a boot disk. Have you tried using a boot disk to get in to run tests?

Sounds like you need a good scan of your files to me. I suppose it could be hardware but it doesn't sound like it to me IMHO.

Xts

I got home from work today and rather than logging in, I restarted my computer so it would run faster.

how did you restart it ,by going to start /turn off computer ,and click restart .or did you click a restart button on the front of the case .,also what does a flicker sound like .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.