Hi,
I shut down my Dell Dimension 9100 last night. This morning, on the first power up, it got to the Windows login screen but when I logged in it made 3 buzzing noises and shut off. Second try, it did not get to the login screen, but made the same 3 buzzing noises and shut off. When it tries to boot up, a the HDD light comes on and a 1 and a 3 are displayed on the front panel. Power goes off within a couple of seconds.

There has been no warning, no flaky behavior, no errors. Everything worked fine yesterday. Any ideas? It's a Dell Dimension 9100, couple of years old, with pentium4 and running XP.

Thanks so much!

Psu?

Hi,
I shut down my Dell Dimension 9100 last night. This morning, on the first power up, it got to the Windows login screen but when I logged in it made 3 buzzing noises and shut off. Second try, it did not get to the login screen, but made the same 3 buzzing noises and shut off. When it tries to boot up, a the HDD light comes on and a 1 and a 3 are displayed on the front panel. Power goes off within a couple of seconds.

There has been no warning, no flaky behavior, no errors. Everything worked fine yesterday. Any ideas? It's a Dell Dimension 9100, couple of years old, with pentium4 and running XP.

Thanks so much!

Hi

Sorry this isn't any help to you but almost the same has happened to me. My Dell Dimension 9100 also won't boot. I get bleeping noises, then they stop. Lights 3 and 4 are lit up. Any help out there?? There is no communication to the screen etc.

Thanks very much

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.