I recently had a computer that woundn't start up. The fans on the CPU and PS spin for a breif second and then stop. I replaced the PS and I still get the same results. I put that probelm aside and continued to use my other PC. Two weeks after the first PC issue the same thing happened to my second PC. I have rest the cmos in both machines, but still the same reslts. I did notice that by removing the 4Pin 12v power from the motherboards the PS fan will continue to run after power on but No CPU fan activity. Does the 4Pin 12v ATX PS connection supply power for the CPU? If so, Is it possible I have 2 dead CPU's on two different machines? What are the chances? I any confused......

something has knocked out both these PC's!!! Did you plug them both into the same mains socket by any chance as Im laying thought on the possibility of a power surge from that socket having caused damage to both machinesa

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.