Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 600m. It has started to slow down on me, which I can deal with. I have done all the usual recommedations: check starting programs, defrag, etc. Sometimes my CPU spikes to 100%, slowing things down as well. Annoying, but not the end of the world.

The real problem, however, that has me worried just started a couple of days ago. When surfing the web, the cursor will suddenly jump around the screen and the web page window will close. Sometimes other applications then open up that I didn't start myself. This hasn't happened in other applications so far, just the internet. When I checked to see which applications were running one time when this happened, I noticed that it listed 3 Internet Explorers running while only 2 were actually running. I don't know if this is a piece to the puzzle.

Ideas? I appreciate any advice.

Thank you-
Carolyn

Contributors
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jermaghs07

Virus!!!!!

Are you running XP or Vista?

Does it pop up programs wanting you to try free software or buy stuff?

try downloading an anti-virus software and running it.
If that doesn't work. backup everything to dvds or an external HDD. then just wipe the hard drive and reload windows.

I had the same virus, pretty soon it will start deleting things off your HDD

Then once you get windows installed, download Firefox and never use internet explorer again

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.