HI,

I have bought a new Fujitsu Siemens AMILO Pi 2512 Pentium Dual Core T2330 1GB 120GB DVDRW Vista Home Premium from http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?quicklinx=4Y3N

Now, it tells me here it comes with 1GB RAM installed (2x512MB) and can take up to 2MB. I have bought two 1GB sticks to max the ram out. Anyway, i opened the bottom of the laptop only to find just one space for the RAM and it was full with a 1GB stick. I cannot see anywhere else for RAM to be placed but am asking if anyone here knows any different.

All replies are greatly appreciated as this is bugging the hell outta me.

Recommended Answers

All 19 Replies

although you have a 1G stick in the PC that would be equivalent to 2 X 512MB. what you need to do is check the system properties and see how much ram is reported for the system. on the other hand you can remove the ram thats there and install the 2 you have. Giving your the 2G you want.

its not how much ram is installed that i am bothered about - its how to put the other GB in!

I have an Amilo laptop, though it is not the same model as yours.
I upgraded it to 2GB of ram.
In that laptop the 2nd ram slot is under the keyboard. I am sure I found a manual on the fujitsu siemens site that explained it, however I cant find the link at the moment.

I would remove the keyboard and take a look, but be careful because on mine there was a ribbon connector attached to the keyboard which could not be detatched.

Good Luck

Guys,

yeah i took the chip out when opened the bottom of the case and there is room only for one chip. I did think about underneath the keyboard. There are clips at either side of the keyboard which push in towards the side of the casing but i cannot see how to remove the keyboard.

There is normally a screw underneath the laptop for the keyboard. You should then be able to remove it. But be careful of the ribbon connector.

Thanks for your prompt reply Chambej, i'll give that a whirl. Although i didnt notice such a screw yesterday but then again i suppose i wasnt really looking for it.

Unfortunately none of these manuals relate to expanding the system and are more 'Getting Started' and "East Start' manuals as well as 'Restoring Installed Software' , 'Warranty', 'Safety' etc.

Unfortunately none of these manuals relate to expanding the system and are more 'Getting Started' and "East Start' manuals as well as 'Restoring Installed Software' , 'Warranty', 'Safety' etc.

Ok, that not good.,the data sheet on the site says manual on hard drive ,is it the same as the one on the site,I guess they don't want ya taking it apart yourself!

I'll check for the manual on the notebook itself once i get home. Bloody nightmare but thanks for your help, i'll post my results and hopefully it is a result of SUCCESSFUL.

Chambej am I missing something, i cannot see such a link

Chambej thanks very much for that, will let you know how it goes. thanks again

HI,

I have bought a new Fujitsu Siemens AMILO Pi 2512 Pentium Dual Core T2330 1GB 120GB DVDRW Vista Home Premium from http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?quicklinx=4Y3N

Now, it tells me here it comes with 1GB RAM installed (2x512MB) and can take up to 2MB. I have bought two 1GB sticks to max the ram out. Anyway, i opened the bottom of the laptop only to find just one space for the RAM and it was full with a 1GB stick. I cannot see anywhere else for RAM to be placed but am asking if anyone here knows any different.

All replies are greatly appreciated as this is bugging the hell outta me.

More than likely one of the slots is under the keyboard, and requires a little more digging to uncover. While you look for this second slot, install the one gig in place of the 512mb in the slot, and you will already have 1.5GB of ram until you find the second slot.

Hi Guys,

thank you all for your help on this. Got the keyboard off last night and installed the extra RAM, now up tot he max of 2GB. Man that keyboard is a tricky thing to get off. Well thanks again anwyay.

you're welcome. glad we could help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.