I'm hoping someone can give me some help with a self-made problem. I intended to get a reduced price lan drive for my home wifi network and bought a) a LanDrive case and b) a 500GB Western 'Element5' USB drive.

However, when I stripped down the drive I found that it did not have the 40-pin connector required for the LanDrive setup.

I guess there is no way thay these two devices can be matched, is there? Yeah, I'm sorry it's a stupid question, but there you are.

Thanks for any suggestions (without throwing one or both units in the can!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I'm hoping someone can give me some help with a self-made problem. I intended to get a reduced price lan drive for my home wifi network and bought a) a LanDrive case and b) a 500GB Western 'Element5' USB drive.

However, when I stripped down the drive I found that it did not have the 40-pin connector required for the LanDrive setup.

I guess there is no way thay these two devices can be matched, is there? Yeah, I'm sorry it's a stupid question, but there you are.

Thanks for any suggestions (without throwing one or both units in the can!

What kind of connector did the drive have? Have you looked at this:
Cables To Go - IDE / EIDE adapter - 40 pin IDC, 4 pin internal power - 44 pin IDC (F) Would it work?

What kind of connector did the drive have? Have you looked at this:
Cables To Go - IDE / EIDE adapter - 40 pin IDC, 4 pin internal power - 44 pin IDC (F) Would it work?

That's seems like a great idea! I'll check out the Cables to Go site and see what they have. Trouble is, there isn't a helluva lot of room in the case:( But you never know.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.