I have just installed an extra 512mb ram to my advent t9002 I bough from pc world and is ddr 400 Which is physically compatible with my mother board but the machine does not recognise the upgrade. I have tried just running the new module which seems to be fine, and have interchanged the positions of the old and new modules. I have also run the mircosoft mem program and found no faults. Please could anybody help me resolve this issue.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

There are a couple of issues that come to mind, if that motherboard is capable of dual channel then you will need modules with the exact same specification to rum properly. If there are four expansion slots you may need to use slots 1 and 3. You might want to consult you user manual about populating you RAM.

And, you might have to update in pairs (all things old are new again) - I have an ASUS A8V and once I filled slots 1 and 3 (ie A1 & B1) I had to fill 2 and 4 - filling slot 2 alone would not be recognized.

my motherboard is an ecs 760-m v1.1 with only 2 expansion slots the new ram is the same specification as the old one, but I have tried just running the machine from the previously unoccupied slot alone which resulted in the machine not booting and repeated beep alerts

So it looks like there is a porblem with the additional RAM slot on your machine then. How much RAM does your mobo can handle, cos may be you can buy just one 1gb stick to use on the first usable slot only. I dont know any other way to suggest you to get more memory on ur machine.

Raj

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.