gallocs 0 Newbie Poster

I have a Core 2 Duo E6600 over clocked to 3.6GHz stable on air. The motherboard I'm using is an Asus P5B Deluxe Wifi/AP. Whenever I prime95 with both sticks of memory I will get an error which forces the p95 to stop running its test. (The sticks of ram are unlinked in this overclock. the multiplier is set at 9x and the FSB is set at 400, so 400 * 2 = default of 800mhz ram.) Now, the strange part is individually, these sticks are fine. If I use only my first memory stick, in any slot, I can run prime95 with no problems. If I use only the second stick of ram in any slot, I can run prime95 with no problem. But as soon as they run in dual channel, I encounter problems with stability. The RAM I'm using is Corsair Twin6400C4's, so they default to about 2.1 volts (for their EPP.) Can anyone suggest things for me to try and diagnose this problem? Could it be a voltage problem in the bios? Can the DIMM slots be damaged? Is it possible that I have an outdated bios that doesn't OC too well? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--Edit: Well, I've been fiddling with this computer even more, and I've disabled a memory setting that had an option called 'Static Read Control' which I disabled. I also began wondering if the dual-channel would use more CPU cycles, so I decided to up my CPU voltage a bit and it's currently around 1.4. Surprisingly, the prime95 torture test seems to be running perfectly fine. Aside from these differences , I also disabled Vanderpool technology, C1E support, Flashed the BIOS to the newest version and disabled Intel Speedstep. At this point, I can't gurantee anything is 100% stable, but it looks very promising so far. If anyone would have any comments or suggestions, I'd be glad to try more things.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.