About 2 months ago I started having problems with my computer. The computer had trouble POSTing, it would take numerous (10 or more) restarts to get it to POST. Then about a week later, the computer would not post at all. I purchased a new power supply ($110) and a new motherboard ($135) to try to fix the problem. No dice. I borrowed my brother's power supply tester and both the old power supply and the new power supply were fine. So I RMA the motherboard back to newegg and they send me a new one. Again, no dice. Finally, I have had enough of building computers and shelling out money to chase problems (been building for 10 years, never had this much trouble), and I purchase an inexpensive laptop. I found that one of my video cards and 3 out of four sticks of my RAM are fried. It is also highly likely that my old board (ASUS Crosshair) is fried as well as the CPU. Now I am trying to sell the motherboard, as it is basically brand new, and I am not sure about how to go about testing it. It is an ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe. Can anyone help me figure out a way to test the board without having to shell out more than I can get for the board?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

check Ebay search for PC POST test card

they can be had for 10 to 30$us,,

they can test the MOBO but i think you have to have it populated w/ CPU and ram to get them to function...

just a thought

bigO

check Ebay search for PC POST test card

they can be had for 10 to 30$us,,

they can test the MOBO but i think you have to have it populated w/ CPU and ram to get them to function...

just a thought

bigO

Crap. I would just RMA the board to ASUS, but I might run into problems if my bad RAM and CPU caused damage to the board (the warranty doesnt cover that situation). That and they make you pay for the shipping there, which isn't cheap.

post cards test nothing ,only show at what device the post stops!so yes all devices need to be install in the board to show why its not posting .
i wasted money buying one ,or was that 2 of them ,one for pc and one for laptop .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.