Hi
in a system with configuration
P III 1 Ghz, 256MB SD RAM, 40 GB Hard disk

Due to some problems, i formatted the system and installed windows xp sp2, It all took the drivers automatically.

After a clean install, I installed AVG antivirus 8.0, after installing the monitor displays goes blank and i need to power off the system and onn it, I went to safe mode and uninstalled AVG antivirus and it gone to normal mode. I tried to instal AVG antivirus again and the same happened to me, i don't know whether it is a hardware problem or software problem. I even don't know where to post this message. help me

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by caperjack

Hi
in a system with configuration
P III 1 Ghz, 256MB SD RAM, 40 GB Hard disk

Due to some problems, i formatted the system and installed windows xp sp2, It all took the drivers automatically.

After a clean install, I installed AVG antivirus 8.0, after installing the monitor displays goes blank and i need to power off the system and onn it, I went to safe mode and uninstalled AVG antivirus and it gone to normal mode. I tried to instal AVG antivirus again and the same happened to me, i don't know whether it is a hardware problem or software problem. I even don't know where to post this message. help me

its a problem with avg 8 and older computers .try avast .
http://www.filehippo.com/download_avast_antivirus/

its a problem with avg 8 and older computers .try avast .
http://www.filehippo.com/download_avast_antivirus/

Thanks for that reply, but i think that's not the problem of AVG. Because after uninstalling AVG 8.0, i used the system as it is, after a long run during some process running the same problem arises, that is the monitor display goes of while the pc is running after resetting it works again.

check in your monitor options to see if hibernation is enabled or standby.if so disable it

Hibernation and standby are in the power options not the monitor options , power options are in the desktop properties ,under screen savers

that is the monitor display goes of while the pc is running, after resetting it works again.

actually ,windows shutdown in my opinion ,just didn't shut right off the tower

Hibernation and standby are in the power options not the monitor options , power options are in the desktop properties ,under screen savers

ohk yeah off course,thanks for correcting me there

ohk yeah off course,thanks for correcting me there

not a problem ,no harm done, original poster never came back yet anyway

I think the problem is not yet solved, i just put off the system as it is. I told the person who is using the system that it need time to repair the system, and if he need it urgently i suggested him to buy a new system, if any one came across this same problem please reply me.

I think the problem is not yet solved, i just put off the system as it is. I told the person who is using the system that it need time to repair the system, and if he need it urgently i suggested him to buy a new system, if any one came across this same problem please reply me.

Very vague,but you problem could be cause by a lot of things ,first to mind is software, wrong drivers for some device ,or virus/spyware/trojan ,or dirt causing overheating and many many more ! for sure a new machine will fix it !

! for sure a new machine will fix it !

But sooner or later he will still have to fix it though

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.