Hi, i currently have 512mb of ram and i would like to upgrade it. I have 1 available space for ram. is it possible for me to remove the 512mb and replace it with 2x 1gbs? also how do you know what ur max amount of RAM is?

My motherboard is a P4M800Pro-8237. my ram ports are DDR. my computer is a Intel Pentium 4 640 and the specification is Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

ok there really is no max amount of ram there is a couple things to say about this first 1 make sure you do research and get the right ram i would research your mother board first but i dont have time today also you can remove other ram and put in new ram
you just take down the flaps and pull it out but make sure you dont mess with the pins on the mb that the ram connects to that will be a bad thing also

if you are still having problems next week then ill get on while im in comp tech class and do a lot of research for your mb lol but for right now if you trust what you are looking at and think its right then go ahead and buy it

ok i will buy 2x 1gbs on the weekend. thx =)

Hi
looking at your very brief specs I can see that your mobo will be able to handle 2gig ram.one thing to bare in mind is to buy the exact same types ie make, model, type,speeds etc.
by checking that youre ready for a nice upgrade
also the previous poster is right you can remove old ram
good luck

who made the motherboard i would like to research the mother board my self :D

Hi, i currently have 512mb of ram and i would like to upgrade it. I have 1 available space for ram. is it possible for me to remove the 512mb and replace it with 2x 1gbs? also how do you know what ur max amount of RAM is?

My motherboard is a P4M800Pro-8237. my ram ports are DDR. my computer is a Intel Pentium 4 640 and the specification is Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz.

check here .www.crucial.com run the memory scan for more info.

I think its ECS Elite board

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.