I need to buy a laptop within the next week or so and I have a budget of around $1000. My budget pretty much puts macs out of the question so a pc laptop with have to do. Can anyone recommend a nice laptop with good battery life and a 15' or bigger screen. I was told I need a duo core processer and at least 2gig of ram. Are they any other things I should have in a laptop for graphic design? (I will be using photoshop,illustrator,indesign, no 3d rendering softwear.)

Well I took a small look for you, and it seems as though the best deal for your budget is with a Dell Inspiron 1520. You can get your duo core (Intel T5550--pretty good). This will also get you 3 gigs of ram and a 250gig HD. It also comes with a 9cell battery which will give you a pretty good running before it goes dead. O, i forgot to mention that it is a 15.4 inch widescreen. I usually do not try and push a particular brand if I have not bought it before, but I do have an inspiron, and it has been a workhorse for me. And the price at 899 is not a bad deal for what you get. Good luck shopping!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.