Hi,
I'm new in this forum.

My old laptop (4 years) has developed some estrange symptoms.
It turns on normally, but once it is on if I adjust the angle of the screen or move the laptop a little hard (the screen shakes) it goes black and appears to crush. The only solution then is to re-start it by pressing the on button for a few seconds.

Has anybody experience something similar? I'm guessing that is a bad electric connection or something like that, but of course I don't know. Can I fix it myself?

thanks for any help and suggestions.

Luciano

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by LucianoV

Reading your post as I understand it is that you may have a defective ribbon cable connector that connects to your LCD screen opening it may be one of the solution but be very careful as you said it is already 4 years old some plastic casing may be brittle already and it may break as you may not be experience to open it.Good day

Junt

Thanks Junt. I will check into that in a few days. Right now I'm looking to buy a new laptop. I may send my old one (after is problem free) to my family in Argentina, they will definitely use is (electronics are extremely expensive there).

Luciano

Reading your post as I understand it is that you may have a defective ribbon cable connector that connects to your LCD screen opening it may be one of the solution but be very careful as you said it is already 4 years old some plastic casing may be brittle already and it may break as you may not be experience to open it.Good day

Junt

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.