Guys 'n' Gals,
A month or so ago I tried to plug my USB PEN into my Notebook (XP SP2) to download some photos. The PEN said it was being charged but the Notebook seems to have no inkling that it's connected. I can't force it to pick it up when it can't see anything there at all. I've not been able to connect it to the Notebook since.
Can anyone suggest what might (not) be happening?

Thanks,all
--
chris

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

The problem might be wit the USB drivers .. either update ur drivers for USB or put new ones ...

does your pen drive really have a built in battery to charge if not, is your pen drive really a pin drive or is it a usb mp3 player with built-in battery, for if so your batteries is defective, it shorts-out the 5-volts usb power so you cant read your pin drive or is it an mp3 player

What junt said might be a probable reason.... but most of the times the sandisk drives give problem in detection as compared to transcend or kingston....

Yeah ,My USB PEN has a built in battery,you said that the fault of the battery caused the connecting problem?

does your pen drive really have a built in battery to charge if not, is your pen drive really a pin drive or is it a usb mp3 player with built-in battery, for if so your batteries is defective.....
======================
bechem

asciisil

If you used that pen before on that notebook the problem was the driver of the 2.0 usb, its not reading because it's busy try to plug lower than 2.0 anything like usb mouse or a flash disk, storage device if that will work maybe your USB PEN or the driver of the SPK2 of your notebook.

First connect ur device to the comp and then check in device manager>USB controllers... if there is an unknown device appearin it means the pen drive u connected is not gettin detected coz of improper drivers....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.