so i just recently format my hard drive C and i have a problem, my primary hard drive is D ( C & are the same partition )

my question is: how can i change to be C my primary Hard drive

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this to do with a setting when you formatted the HD? I mean did you use a utility such as you get with an OS Disk?

so i just recently format my hard drive C and i have a problem, my primary hard drive is D ( C & are the same partition )

my question is: how can i change to be C my primary Hard drive

you installed your os by mistake on D drive.install your os in c drive and delete the d drive and after deleting the d drive also create it and format it.

you installed your os by mistake on D drive.install your os in c drive and delete the d drive and after deleting the d drive also create it and format it.

delete all the partion and create the new partion & installed your os in c drive.

delete all the partion and create the new partion & installed your os in c drive.

I think you could back up d: drive (system partition) as an image and then restore the system partition on C: drive. It is the complete same as the d: drive.
I have used a free backup software- Todo backup, which could backup a partition or disk to an image and then restore. It is easy to use.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.