Had something happen today, that has never happened to me before, and I'm a bit stumped by it! Built a new computer for a customer. AMD dual-core CPU / ASUS motherboard / SATA-II HDD's / Floppy & DVD drives / air cooled: 3 fans other than the CPU, 460W PSU. Powered her up, and ..... NOTHING, NO BIOS beep, absolutely nothing.
Checked and re-checked EVERYTHING, also dismantled everything, and hooked everything back up again, and .... same thing, nothing. Checked the individual parts, all OK.
So, now I'm sitting here scratching my head and ..... wondering! Anybody have a clue, or a tip, or anything???? Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Had something happen today, that has never happened to me before, and I'm a bit stumped by it! Built a new computer for a customer. AMD dual-core CPU / ASUS motherboard / SATA-II HDD's / Floppy & DVD drives / air cooled: 3 fans other than the CPU, 460W PSU. Powered her up, and ..... NOTHING, NO BIOS beep, absolutely nothing.
Checked and re-checked EVERYTHING, also dismantled everything, and hooked everything back up again, and .... same thing, nothing. Checked the individual parts, all OK.
So, now I'm sitting here scratching my head and ..... wondering! Anybody have a clue, or a tip, or anything???? Thanks.

Try booting the system with just core component to get the system to post. Use only the following
motherboard and proc are obvious
1 memory module
graphics card only if no onboard

Do not install Hard drives, or dvd drives as these are not required to get a post.

If you get post and video from there then add a DVD drive and make sure you can boot from cd/dvd and then add a hard drive and make sure the bios detects these.

does the power supply fan come on and stay on?

Could be a defective motherboard, do you have the system speaker or LED diagnostic panel hooked up to receive post messages?

I've had this happen when I forgot to connect the 4-pin power cable for the PSU, try that.

If there is a hardware issue and it's not giving you a post message, it's a defective motherboard. This does happen, I've gotten mobos DOA.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.