Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by alc6379

ok, since nobody seems to know, is the only reason the hp mobo proprietary because it doesnt fit the case? Could i just buy a different brand mobo same socket and just kinda hang it out the case? it might be "ghetto" but its ok, i just need to know if a different brand mobo will work with all the HP components i.e. psu, ram, processor, pci cards etc.

ok, since nobody seems to know, is the only reason the hp mobo proprietary because it doesnt fit the case? Could i just buy a different brand mobo same socket and just kinda hang it out the case? it might be "ghetto" but its ok, i just need to know if a different brand mobo will work with all the HP components i.e. psu, ram, processor, pci cards etc.

If I were you, I'd just yank all of the usable parts out of the HP, buy a new case and mobo, and install it all in the new case. Cases are cheap, (you can get one for $30 with PSU if you're not choosy) and all of your old HP parts (with the exception of the heatsink on the processor) should work on a new motherboard.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.