I got this emachine that when i go to turn it on it lights up, fans work and even sounds like it is booting up i just have no signal and it will not turn off by the power button. I have also noticed that the orange activity light on the front of tower stays on and dosn't flash like it is supposed to when loading. plz help thx

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

No video signal? Any beeps?

From your symptoms, it sounds like the machine isn't completeing it's POST cycle.

Quick and easy - try to remove the RAM and power it on. You should get error beeps. If you don't, reseat the processor and try again.

No video signal? Any beeps?

From your symptoms, it sounds like the machine isn't completeing it's POST cycle.

Quick and easy - try to remove the RAM and power it on. You should get error beeps. If you don't, reseat the processor and try again.

can you clarify what reseating the processor is? (which is the processor)

I have same issue on an HP... removed RAM- beeped... reinstalled. Issue not resolved.

hi, reseat processor --> remove your processor and put it back nicely....it helps sometimes..
Which one is processor --> in your motheboard the one with the fan plus the heatsink....inside is the processor..
--------
I have same issue on an HP... removed RAM- beeped... reinstalled. Issue not resolved.

It doesn't mean that you try on one machine and it doesn't work. you will not try to do that again..ohh..i respect your idea..

It doesn't work last time you try it out... try it again who knows it might work this time..but if you don't want to try again..never mind..lol..

---------
your pc cannot turn off

try to press and hold for 1-2 minutes.. if it doesn't power off then it might be your mobo or psu problem..but normally if you press and hold the power button for quite sometime it will power off...
----

try to press caps lock..on your keyboard check if its responding..if it responds then might be your video problem..if doesn't then some other issue.. post back for the result.. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.