is there any way to speed up IE 7, iam using XP and having P4 2.8 with 2 GB RAM, but IE is very slow, any way to speed it up

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

1.) Go to: Tools>manage ad-ons>enable or disable ad-ons.
This is where you can disable any "bloat" that's slowing down your browser.

2.) Clean your temporary internet files, cache, ect,...

3.) Make sure you have the most recent release of IE7.

4.) Download Firefox. This might be a good permanent solution, but at the very least it will help you isolate the issue. If Firefox is more responsive than the problem is with IE but if Firefox is also slow then it's a problem with your PC or connection.

Your prob. isn't necessarily anything that you can correct at your end of the net. Prob. is probably due to slomo connection.

I have had great results speed wise with Google Chrome... Seems to open pages faster than both IE and firefox.. The downside is it's just in Beta, so glitches happen from time to time.

(Reply written in firefox)

Your prob. isn't necessarily anything that you can correct at your end of the net. Prob. is probably due to slomo connection.

mine is BSNL 2 mbps line, iam talking about IE slow down not Internet, frequent crashes

I still use ie6, experience same prob. with some sites. Will go to site but will NOT complete display. (It's server is probably out of this world also.) You may be experiencing same/similar prob. There's no particular reason for it but the only solution that I have found that works is to drop off line, delete cookies/files. THEN reconnect. Expanding file cache width was no help. It's an old prob. with MS sw. Would NOT hold my breath for a reliable fix. Thanks for the tip, just another reason NOT to update.

Ie8 beta 2?

& the skinny is?

Ie8 beta 2?

Its more stable though

G2, links, etc.?

Its more stable though

G2?

It just seems to crash much less, and when it does, it has better recovery.

download link?

Ie8 beta 2?

is IE 8 release of Microsoft

i have just downloaded it today morning

Analysis please?

i have just downloaded it today morning

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.