Need help, I had vista running on this samsung hard drive, wanted to add a partition to install ubunto so I could have two operating systems on it, ran norton partition magic on it, and now it is locked, cannot format or partition- or boot. it shows as filled up with 0 - any one have afix for it?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You should be able to reformat the drive with a windows disk upon restart. If not try using it as a secondary drive and formatting it in your OS. Oh yea and if you get that to work don't forget to partition it from the start this time...LOL. Best of luck, let me know how/if it works.

Thanks, I tried to format with my os but no go the drive show as full with 0 bytes, and as I am formatting, there is a message at the end that says unable to format drive.

I am going to try re-installing vista- from the dvd, i will let you know, thanks.....

Dony use partition magic. Its crap. Ubuntu and Vista have built in the capability to resize NTFS partitions, so need for it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.