*sigh* I can't get this thing to work...I just put in an ati radeon 9250 pci 256mb video card. It's in there good and my windows xp detected it and everything. I proceeded to install the software and that worked fine. But now I don't know what to do! I plugged my monitor into the new monitor outlet plug on the video card but all that comes up is my desktop (with no start-up bar or icons, just the background)...I don't know what to do! Am I supposed to change some sort of settings? I'm clueless in what happens after the software installation. The manual or the website didn't seem to help me at all. I would greatly appreciate any help...I have a Sony PCV-RS320. Thanks for your time!

~Sarina~

Contributors
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Coconut Monkey

I believe you're still using the previous video card, which is either an actual card or an onboard solution (built into the motherboard). As far as I can tell, the new 9250 is being used as a secondary display with an extended desktop (which is why you see nothing but a background). Great for dual monitors, useless for your single display setup. You need to uninstall the old video card from Windows (if there's no entry in Add/remove programs, then delete the entry for it in Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager->Display adaptors) then either physically remove the card or, if it's an onboard solution, disable it via the BIOS (see your motherboard manual).

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.