*sigh* I can't get this thing to work...I just put in an ati radeon 9250 pci 256mb video card. It's in there good and my windows xp detected it and everything. I proceeded to install the software and that worked fine. But now I don't know what to do! I plugged my monitor into the new monitor outlet plug on the video card but all that comes up is my desktop (with no start-up bar or icons, just the background)...I don't know what to do! Am I supposed to change some sort of settings? I'm clueless in what happens after the software installation. The manual or the website didn't seem to help me at all. I would greatly appreciate any help...I have a Sony PCV-RS320. Thanks for your time!

~Sarina~

I believe you're still using the previous video card, which is either an actual card or an onboard solution (built into the motherboard). As far as I can tell, the new 9250 is being used as a secondary display with an extended desktop (which is why you see nothing but a background). Great for dual monitors, useless for your single display setup. You need to uninstall the old video card from Windows (if there's no entry in Add/remove programs, then delete the entry for it in Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager->Display adaptors) then either physically remove the card or, if it's an onboard solution, disable it via the BIOS (see your motherboard manual).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.