I have a m2n32 Asus board.
I was putting my pc into another case and turned it on and the fan turned once and did nothing.

The light on the mobo is on.
I took the mobo out of the case and tried it and same thign happened.
I have took the ram and graphics card out so just the cpu and heaksink. The heaksink just spins once.
I shorted the power to get it on out the case. but still spins once.I have 2 psu's which both should work including the one I was using before i moved the pc into the other case which has been working for a while with the setup.
The same thing happens with both cpu's.

I have also reset the mobo and removed the battery.

I am out of ideas!! i hope its not the cpu. any suggestions or ideas or advice please help.

I have just disconnected the 12v 4 pin power from psu to mobo and the cpu fan works, there are no beeps and no video. my pc doesn't go when the 12v power is plugged in???

thanks in advance
UF

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

I have a m2n32 Asus board.
I was putting my pc into another case and turned it on and the fan turned once and did nothing.

The light on the mobo is on.
I took the mobo out of the case and tried it and same thign happened.
I have took the ram and graphics card out so just the cpu and heaksink. The heaksink just spins once.
I shorted the power to get it on out the case. but still spins once.I have 2 psu's which both should work including the one I was using before i moved the pc into the other case which has been working for a while with the setup.
The same thing happens with both cpu's.

I have also reset the mobo and removed the battery.

I am out of ideas!! i hope its not the cpu. any suggestions or ideas or advice please help.

I have just disconnected the 12v 4 pin power from psu to mobo and the cpu fan works, there are no beeps and no video. my pc doesn't go when the 12v power is plugged in???

thanks in advance
UF

i guess that either your psu is demaged or a broken device feeded from 12V line.

please try this: connect any load which draw a few amperes to psu outside. if psu does not reduce its voltage then you must connect cards (ethernet, VGA, sound etc.), RAM, HDDs and mainboard respectively. meanwhile, you must observe or measure 12V voltage of PSU. whenever its gone, you find its defective device. it seems RAM probably

i guess that either your psu is demaged or a broken device feeded from 12V line.

please try this: connect any load which draw a few amperes to psu outside. if psu does not reduce its voltage then you must connect cards (ethernet, VGA, sound etc.), RAM, HDDs and mainboard respectively. meanwhile, you must observe or measure 12V voltage of PSU. whenever its gone, you find its defective device. it seems RAM probably

I have 2 psu's and both seem to be working. with no ram no graphics card and no hard drives my mobo runs without the 12v connected and stops when it is connected thats why I think its the mobo or cpu since i have tested the fan on another mobo.

is there anything else i can do to fix it or find the problem.

make sure that the heatsinc is firmly connected to the cpu

lol, if the heatsink spins once, something is wrong (I assume that was just a typo though).

I think I might not have explained it correctly.
with no ram /hard drive or graphics this is what happens.

12 pin power in only heatsink fan run ok .
12pin and 4 pin in the heatsink spins once.
so the problem occurs when the 4pin mobo power is in. which power the components on the board and this is why nothing works.

perhaps because the 4 pin is shorting out the board or there is a short in the board

perhaps because the 4 pin is shorting out the board or there is a short in the board

i think that might be the case.
so what are my options?

HI , Try to explain your problem in correct english. i will give the solutions please.

sorry i was in a rush to get the problem fixed and i was tired.

when th 12 pin power is in, the heatsink fan spins fine.

when the 12pin and 4 pin are plugged in, the heatsink fan spins once.
So the problem occurs when the 4pin mobo power is in. which is needed so there is not much i can do. i have 2 power supply's that work and both have the same effect on this board.

The problem sounds like it is the actual connection to the motherboard. Disconnect both of your power cables and reconnect them and press firmly until you feel the "click" of the retaining clip which lets you know that it is securely connected. It is highly unlikely that you have damaged the motherboard by just changing the case.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.