as the title says i recently purchased a new motherboard, an Asus A7N8XE-Deluxe infact. the instlation went without a problem, but before windows loads i get a blue screen of death. I dont know what is causing this and i dont think i can even reformat because i dont think it gets far enough to check if there is a boot disk in the drive. please help.

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Coconut Monkey

Try re-installing windows. Try booting from the windows cd & reinstalling windows. If practical I would also narrow down other faults by stripping all the extra hardware from your case. I.E. take out all the Isa,PCI & if possible the AGP cards. I would also remove all the memory chips except for the highest capacity ram chip. Tell us a bit more about your machine & what windows version your using. whether it was a "clean" install or an existing windows version.

Windows XP does not like having a motherboard swapped out - as you've just discovered! You can just reinstall Windows as sennetor suggested, or try a repair through booting off the Windows XP CD and selecting the relevant option instead of a fresh install.

Make sure the PC is set to check for a boot disc in the CD drive first. The option is located in your motherboard's BIOS setup (ususally accessed by pressing the del key when prompted).

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.