hi..
I recently had to wipe my pc and since i did this i have no sound.. can anybody help me with this..
I have a HP Compaq dx2200 microtower.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

hi you don't say what windows you are using ,i cant guess, so go here and pick you windows and download sound drivers ,install and enjoy.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=1844702&lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=1844701&taskId=135

hi caperjack

that worked a treat it was windows xp professional i was using thanks very much it was driving me nuts..
also one more question: since wiping my computer ,the keyboard seems to be different. To get the @ symbol i have to press the shift key and number 2. this would normally give me " but not anymore..any ideas.. cheers again

the @ is is shift #2 on my keyboard and all keyboards i have ever used , what country /language you using !
anyway go to control panel and under regional and language and you can pick your choice there !

the @ is is shift #2 on my keyboard and all keyboards i have ever used , what country /language you using !
anyway go to control panel and under regional and language and you can pick your choice there !

Thanks again caperjack.
i am in ireland.

your welcome ,hope it all works out for you

You need to change it from US to british

Caperjack, on british keyboards the @ key is on the same key as ' it is located to the left of the # / ~ key, to the left of return.

ok.thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.