I replaced my original adapter with another one when the original cable wore significantly. I have had the replacement for 2 years and in the last few months I have had to adjust the cable and the plug, wiggling it to make contact and go from a "yellow/orange" to "green" signal from the internal battery. But today it won't go past the "yellow/orange" color and shuts down due to low battery. I thought right away that I should replace the ac adapter, but perhaps it is the computer plug. How do I tell? No amount of holding the plug with my hand, wiggling it, adjusting it changes anything, except when I dampen it with saliva, and then insert the plug, the green will come on for a few seconds longer. It seems that contact is being interrupted in someway. Any thoughts?

maybe you can try to... clean it with sandpaper..?! just to get rid of the
grime in it..

just give it a try though.

Thanks for your input!

I contacted the person I bought the computer from and found my own answer. The main battery in the computer was dead. And when I removed the battery, the computer was able to connect through the ac adapter. I had the second battery in at the same time. It too would not turn green, so I also removed it. The green light came on! Now I just have to replace my battery!