I have a Presario X1050, the laptop just froze on me all of a sudden, the screen went a little weird on me with waves going from one side to the other of the screen. I shut it down imm. but then it never started again. Now when I turn it on, the power light comes up, I hear the hard disk running for a second or two then everything comes to a still. Tried removing the battery and reattaching it ..didn't worked.

I would really appreciate any advice from you guys.

Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

I have a Presario X1050, the laptop just froze on me all of a sudden, the screen went a little weird on me with waves going from one side to the other of the screen. I shut it down imm. but then it never started again. Now when I turn it on, the power light comes up, I hear the hard disk running for a second or two then everything comes to a still. Tried removing the battery and reattaching it ..didn't worked.

I would really appreciate any advice from you guys.

Thank you.

my guess is maybe the mother board got cooked and if that is the case then you will have to contact compaq about it. anyone else have an idea?

Please try this...press the space between the space bar and the touch pad before switch on the power...I try it and it work for my stituation but I am still looking for the permenant solution to solve it.

dear sir
pls hold the start button for 5 secounds then it will start but there is a mother board problem. it will worke for untill you shut down the systemif you have any problem viku24_2005@yahoo.com send me the mail

the space between the space bar and the touch pad before switch on the power...I try it and it work for my stituation but I am still looking for the permenant solution to solve it.
SEO

It work for my stituation but I am still looking for the permenant solution to solve it.
SEO

my compaq presario CQ61 won't start up.All of the lights are on but screen is blank.What to do???

first dip just the screen into water, make sure not to get any of the keys wet. then stick in the microwave for approxmently five seconds. then try starting your laptop. this worked for me. email if you have any questions KWchong24543@yahoo.com

Chong, you have to be joking right! Dipping it in water and nuking it? Come on now!

@hjwong... You are a genius man.. Thank you .. It worked in my case also.. I love you...

i dont get any display on my laptop screen compaq penario v3000, but the laptop is on (i can find the lights glowing) please solve this

Can you start a new thread so that other posters will respond to it.

My compaq 511 laptop is on but the screen is blank. although the light of the power button is on. what should I do ?. thank you to all response :)

commented: If you want proper solution of this problem then i will provide you best 24/7 technical Support +1-855-461-5433 +0

You should post this question as a new discussion rather than a comment to a 13 year old, long dead, thread. That way you are more likely to get your question answered. Not all those who might be able to help will see this otherwise... All the best.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.