I've Just reformatted my computer, loaded the internet and Norton anti-virus on to it, but after i ran all the live updates and scanned everything i restarted it and now my mouse wont work. Its a new mouse, brought it the other day.

This was my second attempt at reformatting the comp, the first time the same thing happened but i lost my keyboard as well, this time its just the mouse not working.

it is an usb mouse, but it was working fine til i installed norton and restarted my comp

So can anyone help?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

check if the mouse is pluged into both ends

I've Just reformatted my computer, loaded the internet and Norton anti-virus on to it...........

Bloody big hard drive you must have there! :eek:

No, seriously, did you install the motherboard drivers?

Get rid of Norton, it causes nothing but problems. Losing your mouse is the least of them.

ASrock K7S8XE+ M/B, Athlon 2700XP 512mb RAM 40g H/D system POSTs fine normally but will not repost and has to be switched off for at least 60 seconds then POSTs ok occassionally fails to POST when computer is cold

try takeing a converter from usb into a standard mouse and try that if that doesnt work try checking drivers

by the way catweazle nice comment i got a great laugh from that thanks

hope this helps
-Zach Boyce

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.