I have an ASUS P5B (non-delux) and I am trying to update the BIOS to be able to use the Wofdale core (1333) but I'm running into a huge problem. I don't have a floppy drive. I have read about others using a bootable CD that brings them into the updater with the updated BIOS file on it. Also I don't have the CD that came with the Mobo as we have moved a couple times since I got it and...well you know how that goes.

Is there anyone who can help me?

bios v02.58

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I have an ASUS P5B (non-delux) and I am trying to update the BIOS to be able to use the Wofdale core (1333) but I'm running into a huge problem. I don't have a floppy drive. I have read about others using a bootable CD that brings them into the updater with the updated BIOS file on it. Also I don't have the CD that came with the Mobo as we have moved a couple times since I got it and...well you know how that goes.

Is there anyone who can help me?

bios v02.58

from this Asus website !
http://ca.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=332&l4=0&model=1312&modelmenu=1

EZ Flash 2
Simply update BIOS from a USB flash disk before entering the OS
EZ Flash 2 is a user-friendly BIOS update utility. Simply launch this tool and update BIOS from a USB flash disk before entering the OS. You can update your BIOS only in a few clicks without preparing an additional floppy diskette or using an OS-based flash utility.

yes, the USB is the way to do it.

I think ASUS have an online BIOS updater. Whatever you do DON'T USE THIS :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.