Have e-machine t2692 / xp home ed.
Originally had 250w power supply. System died. Replaced with 300w power supply as recommended by e-machine. Everything came back up with the following exceptions:
speakers don't work (I can live with this)
none of the usb connections work (4 back & 2 front)
windows shuts down, but machine does not turn off (I turn off at surge strip)
From reading other's problems: I uninstalled the usb's and had the system find them again. It did. But still won't recognize anything plugged in.

I hope there is a simple solution, because I'm not a computer whiz.
Thanks for any help or tips.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Try reinstalling the motherboard drivers, they should be on the restoration CD you got from eMachines.

Your first mistake was the eMachine lol :cheesy: but try hooking something up on your usb and then do a detect hardware wizard see if that works and for your sound try uninstalling it in the device manager and reinstalling it and updateing all the drivers

hope this helps
-Zach Boyce

Your first mistake was the eMachine lol :cheesy: but try hooking something up on your usb and then do a detect hardware wizard see if that works and for your sound try uninstalling it in the device manager and reinstalling it and updateing all the drivers

hope this helps
-Zach Boyce

there is absolutely nothing wrong with e-machines. not like packard bell i must say. PB - more trouble then anything and a customer service centre to be desirable:rolleyes: :twisted:

Hello, did you ever solve this? I have the exact same problem with my Emachine currently, after replacing the power supply.

Thanks,

Gary cgmil@verizon.net

Just wondering - I'm having the same problem after replacing the power supply (which I found out was a common, but easy fix). Did reinstalling the drivers for the motherboard help by chance? Before I drive down to their house, it would help to know if this suggestion helped or was at least a help in the right direction!
Much appreciated,
Christina

Hi, nothing helped my situation. I ended up buying a 4 port USB 2.0 PCI card and installing it. Then had an IRQ conflict that I resolved. Now everything seems to work. Motherboard USB ports never came back to life.

Gary

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.