I've just bought an external monitor for my laptop and use an external mouse and keyboard but because of problems which may be unrelated I'm wondering whether it is okay to have the laptop closed while it is operating? It takes up much less space that way when I don't need access to the keyboard.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

ext.monitor,mouse keyboard and mouse will not be problem.....but keep your laptop little open....becoz some laptops also leaves heat from the keyboard.......and as u know after 2-3 hours use of laptop.its HDD area becomes heat u.....so keep it little open...

I've just bought an external monitor for my laptop and use an external mouse and keyboard but because of problems which may be unrelated I'm wondering whether it is okay to have the laptop closed while it is operating? It takes up much less space that way when I don't need access to the keyboard.

I agree with m54071. Don't forget to make sure the laptop isn't set to go into standby/sleep or hibernate when you close the lid.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.