SubTonic 0 Newbie Poster

I have an interesting issue, and my best friend Kaleb recommended asking here. Anyway:

My problem lies in getting my brand new computer, custom built, to work on my Toshiba 26" HDTV. I am currently trying to get the card to even work on it, but he said I just need to install drivers and it will fire off. Hopefully it does.

Now, there is currently one way for me to get an image on that HDTV, and it's with the s-video cable that came with the card. The image comes up, but being in 480p, it's obviously really crappy. There are two other ways I can possibly do this:

1. Get a DVI-HDMI adapter and connect the card to my TV via, HDMI, which is my main option.

Or number 2: My A780GM-A motherboard has an HDMI slot in it. I tried connecting it to my HDTV, but got No Signal. I'm not entirely sure how HDMI on a motherboard works, but I assumed it would just provide both audio and video to go through a display device that supported HDMI input. Will this work when I get my add-on card functioning, or did I assume totally wrong?

If anybody can enlighten me, I beg you to do so, mainly because I need to get audio out of my HDTV somehow, and HDMI would be the quickest fix. If I can't do that, I'll have to hunt for an audio cable to attach to my HDTV as well, and I'm quite sick of hunting at this point.

Oh, and if anybody can point out some good Nvidia drivers that help with HDTV display, I would greatly appreciate it.