Hello again my fello daniweb people, hope you can help me out with this interesting problem.

On friday i powered down my machine, turned off all the plugs and left it to go to work (i leave it at uni as i work closer to my actual house). I return from work on sunday, turn onthe plugs, power up my machine, and it fails to boot. Mentions that there is no primary boot device. So i check the BIOS and lo and behold my HDD isnt being detected. So i open up the case to check all the cabling, all fine, so i try moving the sata cable too and from the 4 different SATA conectors, trying the 3 different SATA power cables, all to no avail. I have also tried a friends SATA cable which also doesnt work. I have even tried my HDD in his computer, and it doesnt detect it, as a master or a slave.

What on earth could have gone wrong??

Any suggestions anyone?

Serunson.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Your hard drive is bad. Could be age, defect, power spike, etc.

Doubt it would be age (being around 6/7 months old) and power spike is out because the wall switch was turned off, and it runs through a surge strip as well. Anywhere (In UK) can i get the HDD repaired for as low a cost as possible?

Doubt it would be age (being around 6/7 months old) and power spike is out because the wall switch was turned off, and it runs through a surge strip as well. Anywhere (In UK) can i get the HDD repaired for as low a cost as possible?

1. Try remove HDD and boot the system. Then Power off your PC. Put your HDD back and try power on!

2. Remove CMOS battery so as it can forget everything and then try reboot it and setup everything in CMOS and see what it does!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.