hi
1 year back i purchased one computer(assembled) i put LG dvd writer for that & my dealer gave me 1 year warrenty on that. now that dvd writer is giving problem it is reading only DVDs & not CD. when i show that to my dealer he said your dvd wr is gone & since the warrenty got over you have to purchase new one. then i checked manufacturing date on the drive & i come to know that only 1 year 3 months has been passed & since it is out of warrrenty i have to spend RS. 1200/- to purchase new one. so my question is what i should do in this case, since the parts are going in a year should we keep on replacing or will the manufacturing company can do something in this case.. please suggest me your views.

Thank You

Are you sure the thing is physically breaking? Often times, drives can get dusty and they stop reading discs because the lens is obscured. A disc cleaner would be a good investment in this case.

If not, it would be a good idea to consider your costs here. If you believe that a 1200RS drive is only going to last 15 months, it might be wise to invest in something that's going to give you more bang for your buck (so to speak). I've had very good luck with my LiteOn drive (has been working for over 6 years now) and it only cost me about $35 (~1750RS) at the time.

Are you sure the thing is physically breaking? Often times, drives can get dusty and they stop reading discs because the lens is obscured. A disc cleaner would be a good investment in this case.

If not, it would be a good idea to consider your costs here. If you believe that a 1200RS drive is only going to last 15 months, it might be wise to invest in something that's going to give you more bang for your buck (so to speak). I've had very good luck with my LiteOn drive (has been working for over 6 years now) and it only cost me about $35 (~1750RS) at the time.

Thank you very much for your reply

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.