Hello, I am new and appreciate being here:

I Purchased a brand new ATI HD4350. The machine I am putting it in will not boot when It is inserted. (running XP Pro service pack 3) The machine is a IBM Thinkcentre Model M51 #8141. I was wondering if the card is not compatible as it claims it is DDR2, yet the board memory is plain DDR.

Thank you in advance

rundavo

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hello, I am new and appreciate being here:

I Purchased a brand new ATI HD4350. The machine I am putting it in will not boot when It is inserted. (running XP Pro service pack 3) The machine is a IBM Thinkcentre Model M51 #8141. I was wondering if the card is not compatible as it claims it is DDR2, yet the board memory is plain DDR.

Thank you in advance

rundavo

The memory speed is for the graphics card it doesn't matter that the RAM speed is DDR.

When you say the system won't boot up do you mean the computer turns on but won't load windows?

You did remember to switch the monitor over to the new card?

The memory speed is for the graphics card it doesn't matter that the RAM speed is DDR.

When you say the system won't boot up do you mean the computer turns on but won't load windows?

You did remember to switch the monitor over to the new card?

The system will not boot with the card in at all. It just turns on. I did some more research and the card requires a 400 Watt power supply of which I only have 310. Also I am suppose to have at least 1GB RAM, so I need to get more as I only have 512mb. So perhaps it is one or both issues?

Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time..
Dave

I think it would still work with less RAM. A better PSU may solve the problem.

If you have a graphics card like that it would be worth investing in more ram anyway. I assume you use your pc for more than word processing and web browsing.

I think it would still work with less RAM. A better PSU may solve the problem.

If you have a graphics card like that it would be worth investing in more ram anyway. I assume you use your pc for more than word processing and web browsing.

I will upgrade the memory and give it another try, and will let all know whether this does the trick. I still am concerned with the power supply being to low though.

Yes, I am trying to configure this machine to be the central point to our LCD TV. If I can get the digital connection going, then I will get a TV tuner for this machine.

Thank You!
Dave

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.